Monday, January 21, 2013

MTV Loosing IT

Tonights the first time I‘ve seen the show in its entirely. It‘s basically a show about people telling their story about how they lost their virginity. Now i get the idea behind the show, opening up lines of communication to teens and their anxieties about loosing it and their ideas that its going to be this perfect representation of entering into the wonderful world of sex.

They have both straight and gay stories, which in this day and age is fantastic. My disbeleif is how these people can remember all the details of loosing their V-card. I do not remember all the vivid details of my loosing it story. I know who it was with and how old I was but I dont remember when/the date, or maybe whats worse is where we were.

Some random loosing it facts - The average global age that people loose their virginity is 19. The average age in North America to loose your virginity is 17. And on average women have 4 sexual partners in their life. I can see the first two facts being somewhat accurate the last certainly does not apply to me, my number is higher -but not as high as the number is the movie ‘what‘s your number‘.

Do you have a great loosing it story? Or is it more of a non-memory like mine?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember it really clearly - the date, where I was etc. etc. etc. It is NOT a great story though - in fact it's so awful which I guess is why I remember it - it's one of those things that is burnt on my brain that I wish I could forget - especially when the date rolls around. I mean it doesn't ruin that day, but it always crosses my mind and I wish it wouldn't!!