Sunday, January 20, 2013

I'm Not The Only One



One of my favorite lines from this song is "i may be a dreamer, but I'm not the only one" I'm always on the lookout for "others" like me.

Friday was mom's birthday. After work I joined her and some of her collegues at a local bar for some pre-dinner drinks. It was a good laugh. Teachers are people too, though lots of times as we are students we forget that. Unfortunately for the children of teachers we don't get the chance to forget they are people too. There was some great times shared tones of good laughs and head shakes.

One of the other teachers/ladies that was there is very much like me, in the sence that she is strong, independent, smart, and doesn't take bull shit from anyone, and still single. She's atleast 10 maybe 15 years older than I am, and its both depressing and reassuring that I'm not the only one. Depressing in the fact that if she still hasn't found a man I could still have a while to keep looking for mine, and reassuring that I shouldn't give up the search. It was just a nice little self reminder that I'm not the only one, even though at times it can feel like it.

No comments: