Sunday, January 13, 2013

Living in the Moment

Yesterday I went with my parents to visit some cousins in a nearby town -2 hour drive. We had a lovely visit, I know you're not suposed to really have favorites when it comes to family, but with my super large family these cousins are definately fall into the favorite category. Its all very weird too, finding myself and most of my cousins are now adults, we're not teenagers anymore most of us on headed into our 30s or already there, we're buying houses, living with significant others/getting married (seems like everyone but me on that one), finding jobs that suit our needs, and even some starting families and those that aren't have parents practically begging for grandkids. Which was one of the conversations that came up while visiting, I said I wasn't having biological kids and my mom and cousin said I could adopt and thought I'd make an excellent parent, so that was great to hear. Makes me think I should get the ball rolling even sooner....I have been doing more thinking on the subject and I'm thinking get things rolling in late summer, early fall. My ideal plan would be to adopt a family of kids, brothers and sisters that risk being split up to a max of 4 kids, with none of them being younger than 2. I know it would be crazy and challenging, but I think pretty rewarding in the grand scheme of things. My other plan which I'm not entire sure will work out is to keep my parents out of the loop on this, so I can be like surprise you wanted a wack of grandkids now you have them. But I'm not sure how well that'll work out cuz I know you have to have references and background checks done and show you have a support system and all that jazz when adopting through the government, but I'll see how it goes and keep updating as I go along, especially since I don't want to involve my parents in the process.

Also...on the drive home from our visit there was an acoustic verison of one of Eric Church's songs on the satelite radio, a thought crossed my mind to see if he was playing in ontario any time this year and just as luck would have it he's playing all over Canada right now and will be in Ontario next month. I first asked Rose if she wanted to come but she decided she couldn't afford it, with our Pink concert in march and her trip to Florida and a trip to New Brunswick to visit her Brother and sister in law and new niece of nephew in July. So better than Rose I'm headed to Ottawa and going with bff Liz. And as luck will have it the concert in Ottawa is on the Family Day weekend so I can make a long weekend out of the trip. It's kind of a last minute planning this trip and were up in the nose bleeds for the concert but it'll be a good time and can't go wrong with listening to a couple hours of Eric Church. Plus maybe with some Liz time I can help her get motivated and finally set a date for her wedding :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2gGXlW6wSY&list=PL8965C8040793FA3C&index=2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip!