Friday, November 30, 2012

24 days of normalness

I will be thinking of you for the next 24 days, while you check gifts off your lists, decorate your homes, freeze while hanging Christmas lights outside, write, address and mail your christmas cards, stress out of getting all your baking done...etc...

I am done my Christmas cards, all addressed and sitting on the table ready to be mailed (I think I'll do that next week or the week after so I'm not too super early). My shopping is done. The majority of my baking is done, I have shortbread cookies to do and thats it. My deorations are up -mind you I leave my outside xmas lights up year round, and my indoor decorations are easy peasy too. I have a few craft gifts left to assemble and get get to mail out to friends.

This year even though I work a half a day on Christmas Eve, I'm going to have the family over dinner and after church games and drinks. I'm going to stick with a releatively simple menu of French Onion Soup and Brushetta for appetizers, slow cooker Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes (maybe infused with garlic and herbs), Corn and gravy possibly Yorkshire Pudding since it is Christmas. Then for dessert Key Lime Cheese Cake. I think we may have to start eating at 4pm to make it to church for 7pm. After church festivities is going to be filled with board games, and mom mom is going to make up a minute to win it game, snacks will include shrimp, holiday treats I've baked, and slow cooker hot chocolate with the option of having it spiked with candy cane vodka, which is homemade and currently stewing on the counter. Hopefully the next 24 days will fly by I'm hungry for xmas eve dinner!!!

This year isn't even over and I'm already planning next years gifts and xmas eve. My brilliant idea is a version of the ugly xmas sweater parties. I think it would be hilarious and fun to give everyone ugly sweaters for xmas next year, and make them wear them either xmas eve (including to church) or just xmas day, though xmas eve would be much more fun. Kind of like a surprise ugly sweater party. LOL good times. I may even have to include a few friends whom I send gifts to, they shouldn't miss out on the fun just cuz they don't live near by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a machine - I have pretty much everything still to do - although I'm not stressed I have lots of time!!! :) I respond to comments directly just by e-mailing back - when I get the comment in my e-mail box I just hit reply...... does that help????