Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sister-in-laws (should be outlawed) (plus a hidden pintry)

It's not a secret that I'm not a fan of my sister-in-law. When my brother first started bringing her around to family things, I tried to get to know her and be friendly, and for a couple years sure she had her flaws, we all do, but we got along quite well. Then slowly true colours emerged. The engagement happened, bridezilla reared, I stood my ground, big fight, ugly words, hurt feeling ensued. An (empty) appology was issued, with "plans" to try and ammend things. I've struggled and sorted my feelings and I'm working on trying to be civil with her, its a work in progress. (and this is going to be another place where I can vent).

My latest baffleness when it comes to her and my brother is the following:

Sunday was remembrance day. In school I used to go to the ceremoy either with girl guides, scouts, or with the class, after high school and college, I sort of developed a tradition of going to the rememberance day services with my dad. So on Friday I informed him I'll be out for breakfast on Sunday then we can go to the services, he agreed, said mom might even come too since there's no stairs (mom's having knee issues with arthritis and something about her miniscus). So I show up Sunday morning, and I'm not sure why I was surprised but mom had invited brother and sister-in-law out too, ok fine whatever. We have breakfast homemade egg McMuffins (and the eggs were cooked in a muffin tin via the oven -something I saw on pinterest and passed on to my mom as an easy way to cook eggs so they're all ready at the same time for xmas morning....dad was cooking and over cooked the eggs slightly making them dry but otherwise that Pinterest pin was a success and will be tried again xmas morning). Over breakfast, I heard that my brother traded his wifes perfectly good snowsuit for a plow for his quad. WTF!? Really?!? Then in the next breath tells my dad he's got a job to do now, go open up the driveway BEFORE my dad goes to work, so people can drop their kids off at sister-in-laws half assed day care, then go back after his bus run and finish cleaning the yard. My dad said he'd go after his run but not before. Now in my head, I'm thinking WTF why can't sister-in-law be useful and open up the drive way before her 'clients' get there. Is she so helpless and lazy?!? I wish I could pull that crap and get my dad to come clean my driveway everytime it snowed -I even have a quad with a plow for him. And if she can't use the quad, use a f-ing shovel!!! They live in town -my driveway is easily 2 if not 3 times the size of theirs. Oh and heres another idea -they could get this free-loading basment dwelling "friend" to keep the yard clean. (that is another story in itself which I will get to one day -its a whole other ball game and emotional mess I'm trying to sort out). So apparently I'm some kind of mutant independant woman of this day and age to look after myself and clean my own yard...who does that these days??? Next she has the balls to ask who all is going to be at the remembrance day services...um does it matter? You go to show your support for the vetrans and those currently fighting. Go to support your husbands family history of great uncles and grandparents that fought during WWII, who cares who else is going to be there. Needless to say she didn't come, which to me is very disheartening, selfish and a few other things too. I was pleasantly surprised that my brother came and didn't cave to what the wife wants (this time).

Rant over...for now...she irks me in the worst possible way and most of the time I feel like no one else see it and that I'm the crazy one that is making this crap up, but then there are those one of two folks that see what I see- Thank goodness for them or I very well could be in the loonie bin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are having such troubles with your sister in law..... that must really suck not only for you but for your folks and your brother..... I will keep praying that one day fences will be mended. My sister's mother in law does that egg thing in the oven - such a great idea!!!! I was amazed when she did it how great it turned out. I haven't had it that way in a long time.... going to have to do it again!