Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pin-tries

I have 2 pinterest reviews to talk about today, plus I also have a couple other topics I hope to get caught up on blogging about. But right now while I wait for my dad to go to work so I can sneak off to the parents place for a little mission of mine, its about the pin-tries.

#1- Super cute mini cupcakes. Sounds simple and it is. Use your favorite cake/cupcake recipe and instead of using muffin tins for the cupcakes you us those tiny condiment cups you get at fast food restuarants to put your ketchup in -or in my case the tiny little paper cups generally used for jello shots. And now that I'm thinking about it I actually tried a 3rd thing I saw on Pinterest that went along with the cupcakes. So put cake batter into cups, fill about half way (I did mine 2/3 to 3/4 and some over flowed while baking), and bake as per usual, though do keep an eye on them after 15 mins. The pin I saw recomended spraying the cups with Pam to help with the removal/eating ease, I did NOT do this, and I can eat them just fine. And a little trick with the paper cups is that if you pull along the ridge of the cup the paper folds come apart, do this all around the cup and cupcake is removed easy peasy! The other pin I tried along with this project was colouing/marbling the cake batter. Instead of adding the food colouring to the batter in the bowl, or many bowls depending on how many colours your going for; you add the food colouring to each cupcake and swirl with a toothpick until desired effect is acheived.

Both these Pins worked for me and I'll probably do them again.

#2- The second project was to use Sharpie markers and decorate ceramic dinnerware. You draw whatever on the outside, bake it in the oven, and it's suposed to stay on the dinnerware. I tries it on an soup bowl and sandwich platter thing, I dont really use. Application of the marker was fun and uneventful, as was the baking part. However the test wash did not go well. Some, not all the colours came off when I washed the dishes. I'm not quite ready to give up on this one yet, I'm going to try some different types of ceramic dishes to decorate. I'll update if I find success and my method that lead me to succeeding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little mission of yours??? Mmmmm I am curious!!! Thanks for the two (three) pin-tries! Happy Tuesday!