Monday, September 24, 2012

Ch..ch..change for the better

I took the job. Starting October 1 I will be the groomer at the Cochrane Pet Services store. Their current groomer is retiring from grooming after being in the business for 30 yrs and she appproached me to fill her position. Its an incredible opportunity for me, and I‘m grateful she thought of me to replace her. I am very excited to be the “top“ groomer in town and only after being in the business for 6 years.

And after speaking with my new boss im excited about all the plans he has for a new grooming studio/shop. Over the next couple of years he plans on building a state of the art grooming shop complete with a self serve area for those wanting to tackle their own pets. I‘m also excited to be working regular hours, no more 60+ hr work weeks, no more 5 am wake up calls, evenings and weekend free, i can volunteer again, i could start going to the pool again, i can have a life.

This last week on taxi isnt going to be pleasant, as expected my boss was not pleased to put it lightly when i told him i was quitting. He didnt think it was fair for me to decide to quit without consulting him. Why the hell would i consult him? Theres no way he could match the deal they gave me at the pet store, and its a job that i went to school for. Its my life i get to decide who and where i work for. I always knew that my boss had a way of guilting you into things and making you feel like shit...its part of why I havent been feeling myself for the longest time but couldnt find a way to get out without having another job to go to. Hes a sneaky workplace bully...im glad to be moving on for my mental health. Who knows maybe I‘ll even end up quitting sooner if he gives me a hard time, cuz really now that i have a new job to go to these last 4 days Im only working cuz i didn‘t want to be a complete ass like some of our past employees and just up and quit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!!! That is so awesome - good luck these next few days!!!