Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Band-aid Removal

What‘s the best way to remove a band-aid? Just go for it and rip it off or slowly work at the edges taking time and care?

I‘ve usually been one to take my time, acess the situation and then carefully, slowly, with afflicting as little pain as possible take off the band aid. My question is do you approach life conflicts with the same enthusiam as you do with a band-aid?

I do. I would much rather avoid conflict of any kind than to jump in and rip and tear at things. But which way is healthier? One of my recent conclusions is that you need to find a healthy medium, sometimes its better to avoid and take the less painful approach but other times you should be assertive and direct. My years of constance avoiding, procrastinating and burying my head/thoughts in the sand have come to bite me in the perverbial ass.

How does one change their methods of coping with conflicts or band-aids after years of doing the opposite?

No comments: