Saturday, September 8, 2012

Drama Queens and Kings

Drama Drama Drama!

Pick your battles is something my mom would tell me.

For the most part I think I stay relatively low key on the drama spectrum of things. I can recount every huge drama fight/disagreement with my family and friends I've ever had. Generally I'm not the instigator though sometimes I am. And if I am in the wrong I will make amends. If I am not in the wrong I am not backing down on the matter, however depending on the circumstances I will choose to put the matter aside and move on.

I have had my share of dealing with crazy friends and not understanding their choices. Most of which usually had something to do with their boyfriend at the time. All of those "battles" eventually ended when the relationship did, some was a few months others a few years.

The most recent of these drama filled relationships is with my cousin, whom my parents became legal guardian of when she was 14. The same one that just started college. I've reached my limit with dealing with her mood swings and change of self due to the douche bag, master manipulator of a bf she's dating. The lastest drama last night was over a marriage licence application I had found that the two of them had filled out and left in a book of house design plans on the kitchen table at my parents. When I found it I went a little crazy, told my mom, her mom, left her a letter saying how disapointed I was in her. I also talked to a couple friends about it, some said I over reacted, others that they would have done the same. They now can't find the application, the douch bag is blaming me for taking it -why would I take it, they could just as easily get another one if they're serious about getting married?!? I didn't take it, but one of the friends I confided happens to be a cousin of the douch bag, and was talking to douche bags mom and said something about it and I don't know what she then told her son, but he's flipped his shit and I don't understand all this bull poop over a piece of paper. A piece of paper that I'm almost 100% sure my cousin lost or threw out and is now afraid to admit to douche bag cuz she sees how mad he is and doesn't want that directed at her.

It's crazy and insane and I'm done. I don't need to be drawn into this teenage drama bullshit. Its a battle I choose not to participate in. Hopefully my cousin can see Mr. douche bags flaws before too much damage is done. It's time to live and learn baby girl.

Why are some people so prone to drama?

No comments: