Friday, September 14, 2012

New Additions

On impulse I got a new kitten last night. :-/ My former cat hasn't been seen in over two weeks (I suspect she either got caught by the cayotes or has decided to call one of my neighboors barns her new home...but my gut tells me it was the cayotes)...she had been a good mouser and beautiful cat as far as cats go. I'm a dog person. The cat in my home is a working cat, they have the mouser position so I don't have to deal with traps or rodents! ew! They also get to kill any other basement critters like bugs and spiders and like I discovered yesterday living in the litter box, toads!! The dogs are not impressed with their new housemate...Lady wants to eat and play with the kitten, but she's a bit too rough at this point and I'm afraid kitty will scratch her eye or something..and Finnegan doesn't want to go anywhere near the kitty, walking around the perimeter of the room to get by it and onto the safety of my lap (and he's not exactly a lap sized dog). After some much discussed thinking and trying out names the new kitten's name is Pick Elle Star or Pickles. (My friend had her sister, which they named Luna).

I'll post pictures of all the furries that live with me sometime soon :)

No comments: