Thursday, June 27, 2013

Royal Tour


A big thank you to Royal Canin and their educational trip/conference/tour! My tour to visit the Royal Canin factory and distribution centre was fantastic. Not to mention it was an all paid trip. They spared no expense. I got my own king suite at the hotel, vouchers to eat at the hotel's fancy restaurant, transportation costs covered, and after a day of learning more about their products we were treated to a wine tour and fantastic meal at Rockway Winery.

I am impressed with Royal Canin's "sales pitch" as well, its more of a we're going to inform you about what dogs and cats need in their food nutrition wise and de-bunk how pet food in general is advertised and sold and let you form your own opinions on what you promote to your customers. It was pretty similar to some of the topics that got covered when I took my grooming course.

I was impressed with the cleanliness of both the warehouse and factory. I was also very impressed with their systems of quality control. It was also interesting to hear the history of the company and hearing about their research facilities. And as an added bonus they're very environmentally friendly!

I'm not entirely convinced that my dogs should be eating their food, mainly because their price point is still quite high, but atleast I know why its a premium pet food now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time!!! I saw the "news" on facebook... congrats...