Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Feeling Broke and Jaded

I don't often shop at our local grocery store because the prices are outrageous. I look for their sales or just go their for fruits and vegies and cheese.

Tonight I decided I wanted to get some "good" meat, a steak, for a dinner this week, and I was craving something sweet.  40 bucks and 5 items later I leave the store!

My haul was a T-Bone steak that was on "quick sale" cuz it will be soon past its freshness date and even then it was nearly 13.00, 2L of Chocolate Milk -I very rarely buy milk let alone drink it but every 3 or 4 months I'll have a craving for chocolate milk which I usually fill with a lunch or dinner at subway, but I splurged tonight and spent 5.05 on milk. I got some jalepeno poppers at a price of 4.99 for 8 poppers, a case of Presidents Choice ginger ale, which was on sale, and after tasting it doesnt compare to Canada Dry(remember when I case of pop was 24!). And to fill my sweet tooth some President Choice Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookies, also on sale.

I am most upset at the cookies. I buy cookies less often than I do milk. Usually I bake my own. So when I open the bag theres only 18 cookies in it?!?! WTF? 18 cookies?!?! I was expecting atleast 24. Shame on you Mr. Wheston. Needless to say I'll go back to baking my own sweets.

No comments: