Wednesday, April 3, 2013

If it aint broke dont fix it

Im broken, well not technically. I have no broken bones so does that mean i shouldnt seek fixing?

At the begining of march my right arm started to get stiff in the elbow joint in the evenings. I took it as normal wear and stiffness from working all day. And for those who think grooming dogs isnt “that physical“ of a job I challenge you to come work with me for a week. A couple of weeks ago my arm stiffness has turned into crazy stiffness and pain. The general self diagnosis from internet info and talking to others is its either tennis elbow or tendonitis.

I wont get a professional diagnosis until next week when I see the nurse practioner - it was faster to get an appointment with her than my doc, why bother even having a doctor??? Whatever the diagnosis I hope it can be repaired or something. Ive been doing some stretches i found for the above mentioned issues, but id also really like to start back to my weekly yoga as well.

If by some unfortunate miracle its something i have to learn to live with my grooming career may end up getting cut short which saddens me to no end. I had planned on continueing my grooming career for atleast the next 25 years maybe even 30.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't get ahead of yourself.... maybe it's totally something that can be fixed - good luck!!