Thursday, December 20, 2012

Xmas Hopes

It's Thursday, 5 days until Christmas, 4 days until my dinner party for the family, 2 Days of work, no time to laze around.

I'm organized for the most part. I have a game plan for dinner on Monday. Sunday I'll make the dessert -a Key Lime Cheese Cake and a English toffee Cheese Cake, and the Bruschetta, and the French Onion Soup. I'll also peel the potatoes and leave them in the pot of water in the fridge. Monday morning I'll put the roast in the slow cooker and take out my goodies and bread to thaw. Monday after work, I can make the cinnamon popcorn for after church then I can re heat the soup and toast the bruschetta, boil the corn and taters and make yorkshire pudding. And enjoy everyones company, all 11 people (and probably the brothers 2 dogs) that will be filling my tiny house.

On the plus side I also got the part to fix the pellet stove, I wasn't expecting it until after the holidays so a big YAY there, and a big sigh of relief that my electrical bill won't be "as" high as it could have been if I had to wait longer.

I also made enough tip money this week to buy dog food and get my betta fish :) I'm getting 2 betta fish tomorrow and put up these betta tanks that can be mounted to the wall for some living art, they're pretty neat and suit my living room perfectly. I'll post a pic when Statler and Waldorf are in their homes. (Bonus!!! Who know's where I got the names from??? )

This afternoon I went to get my hair cut, I almost cried at all the hair I left on the salon floor :( I didn't get much length taken off but I did get a bunch of layers put in as well as some side bangs eek! I haven't had bangs since I was 9!!!! I like the new do, but its going to take some getting used to. The Hair dresser was mighty impressed with my self dye job, so pat myself on the back for that one. And I do have to say the black on the bottom and red on top with the layers looks awesome!

I know my parents spoil us at Christmas, hell all the time really. Usually we have one or two high priced items we're usually garanteed to get, some of my past expensive gifts are kitchen aid mixer, the pasta attachments for it, mechanic tool box, this year I asked for a flat screen tv, blu ray player, and then some kitchen gadgets -which I feel I miss out on getting through a wedding shower or as wedding gifts since I have no plans of ever getting married. I also had a list of books I wouldn't mind reading, and for a change this year all I really hope to get are the books. The kitchen gadgets would be nice but I manage without them as it is, and for one person living alone I have 4! yes 4 working tvs in the house, so I really dont NEED another tv.

Happy Holidays! Joyeux Noel! Felitz Navidad! Happy Christmas!
Have a great holiday! (And if this happens to be the last day before the apocolypse it was a pleasure knowing you!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got your letter! So delightful! Thanks so much - hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!! Hope all went well!!!