Friday, December 11, 2009

Frost Bites

Today as I was arriving at my parents and getting myself and all my junk and the 3 dogs outta the van to come inside, while I was juggling everything it occured to me how "northern" I was. On a day like today (where I am finding myself broke and looking for some other source of extra income) I got up at 7, had breakfast, showered, actually took the time to put a little product in my hair and blow dry it (usually it just gets the towel and air dry with a comb ran through it), got dressed. THEN, to the dogs delight (I'm not sure how they know but they do) I tucked my pants into my socks and started getting bundled up for the -23 (with the windchill) frostiness that was waiting for us outside. The four of us (me and 3 dogs) headed outside to finish clearing/shovelling the driveway. Well I shovelled and they played, chased and did dog things...an hour later I had finished what I had failed to complete the day before the driveway and kennel were ready for the next storm!?!?! I went back into the house to let the forth dog, a dalmatian that I'm fostering out for a pee, he hates the cold, thus the reason he stayed inside, then I gathered my junk I was taking to my parents started and loaded my van, then put the dalmatian in his kennel with a few of his favorite toys and some treats and got the other 3 crazy dogs in the van and came to my parents, and like I said as I was juggling all my things walking into the house, it occured to me that I would much rather be bundled up looking similar to the michelin tire mascot, than to be in shorts and a tank top, barefoot in flipflops sweating with every step I take cuz its too hot and muggy too enjoy the "sunnier" weather. I parenthised sunnier cuz today the sun is quite bright and its rather quite sunny out. The point of my story, give me warm boots, a snowsuit, warm knit mittens a toque and a scarf through me outdoors in the frozen tundra around me and I'll be much happier/content than spending a day in the blistering heat and mugginess sipping beer or frozen drinks.

Later Dayz!

No comments: